Friday 23 March 2018

RenderConf and Web Bluetooth

Today I had the pleasure to be a speaker at RenderConf in London. I can't tell you how impressed I was with this event. Professional, friendly and accessible (the first event I've ever seen do live captioning). And every speaker I saw, which was most of them were great speakers and evident experts in their field. Brilliant.

And.... this was the first web developer event I'd ever been to, never mind spoken at. The topic of my presentation was Web Bluetooth. I believe it should be a W3C standard. I see immense opportunities in creating web applications for monitoring and controlling smart buildings, industrial processes and IoT in general. The remote delivery of health care, incorporating the Bluetooth medical devices the patient has, is another obvious way this technology could deliver substantial value.

My talk introduced Web Bluetooth, how Bluetooth is being adopted more widely for enterprise applications and how in the enterprise world, the browser is the application platform. From this we must surely conclude that the browser needs Bluetooth. QED :-)

I did two live demos. Web browser versions of my Bitty Data Logger and Bitty Controller applications and they both worked a treat. I knew they would of course. I wasn't nervous. Oh no. Not a bit :-)



You can download my slides from here.

Enjoy!

And thank you, thank you, thank you to RenderConf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.