Saturday 10 November 2018

Embedded Linux Conference

A couple of weeks ago, I was a speaker at the Embedded Linux Conference in Edinburgh. This is an *excellent* event... if you're into that kind of thing. Which I am.

I spoke about Bluetooth mesh and included a live demo of a "thing" I made and have been tinkering with for a while. As demos go... it's not bad but I still need to find the time to finish testing and implementing a few optimisations. Geting there though.

The demo is a 8 x 8 grid of BBC micro:bits, all running the Zephyr OS and with the Bluetooth mesh generic onoff server and generic level server models implemented (by me) on each. I control the grid, or specific parts of it, identified by the various group addresses I used, from another micro:bit acting as a generic onoff client and from a Web Bluetooth application via an nRF52 which is acting as a Bluetooth mesh proxy node.

Anyway. Enjoy the talk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.