Thursday 17 March 2016

Bluetooth World 2016

I've been out in sunny California this week for Bluetooth World 2016. OK... in fact on arrival it was rainy and foggy but don't let me spoil the mental image I was going for! Happily the weather did change for the better just in time for The Bluetooth SIG's primary event to kick off in style in the Levi Football Stadium. Note to Brits: 'Football' meaning 'American Football' :-)

I was super-busy on day 1, battling through sleep deprivation and jet lag to deliver two sessions in the packed 'developer hub' and then closing the day by moderating a panel discussion on IoT and mesh. The panel members did an amazing job and delivered an engaging and interesting discussion. Members were from Cypress Semiconductor, Texas Instruments, Ilumi and ABI and between them brought a range of perspectives and opinions. Happily those opinions were not always aligned which always makes for a better discussion!

Amongst the highlights of day 2 was a meeting I had with the CEO and CTO of Evothings. They showed me a pretty impressive demo of their HTML based SDK for mobile IoT connected application development. Looked like a super fast way to create apps and I look forward to learning more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.