Saturday 11 April 2015

Droidcon Italy

The many faces of Torino

Droidcon Italy was the 3rd of the Droidcon events that I've attended and once again, it was a high quality event, with about 680 attendees and 70 speakers. It was held in Torino, a beautiful, historic city within sight of the Alps. Wonderful!

I did my usual thing, talking about Bluetooth Low Energy as the killer enabler for the IoT and walked the attendees of my session through the primary APIs for the Android platform.

I gave away a Texas Instruments SensorTag, a Broadcom WICED Sense and a Red Bear Lab BLE Shield for Arduino to three attendees as a reward for my three favourite tweets.

Prize Winning Tweets
The event organisers treated all the speakers to a meal at a nice restaurant Tre Da Tre near to the amazing Mole Antonelliana. Excellent pizza and one of the best Tiramisu I ever tasted!


Mole Antonelliana

A great event in a lovely location. Next stop Bluetooth World in Santa Clara, California!

Oh and here are my presentation slides.

And wow, you can relive the whole thing by watching a video recording of my session which the organizers made and uploaded to YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.